Covid-19 has not only interrupted our lives but our businesses too. The pandemic induced lockdown caused operational as well as financial challenges for businesses globally. In fact, studies conclude that approximately 71.31% of industries saw shrinking cash flows and delays or big projects’ cancellation during the lockdown.
Impact of Covid-19 on businesses
Survey reports show that pandemic-induced disruptions have impacted micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs’) earnings by 20-50%, and faced the maximum fallout, primarily due to a liquidity crunch. Nonetheless, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) can still improve their revenue charts with adequate work-from-home strategies and the right technological tools.
How is the technology enabling change?
Out with the old, in with the new – technology can help businesses of all sizes function reliably- given there are massive workplace innovations. Be it communication, collaboration, or performance analysis, technology helps companies achieve a new benchmark, particularly during remote work.
Benefits of technology to remote businesses
1. Empowering teams with better communication channels
The biggest challenge while working remotely, is communication. With employees being introduced to new communication channels like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Google meets, and Cisco Webex, the most pressing need for proper communication has been met surpassingly.
2. Helping businesses work securely – Significance of Data Loss Prevention Software
The biggest downside to remote work is the risk of data and cybersecurity threats. Some of the most prominent security risks of working remotely include phishing attacks, unsecured networks, insider threats, etc. Therefore, businesses must install data loss prevention (DLP) software to mitigate the risk of such accidental exposures.
How RemoteDesk functions as data loss prevention (DLP) software to safeguard your data:
- The software outlines specific configurations like data copy/paste attempts, printing, external hard drives, multiple monitors, etc.
- Prevents the risk of data theft/loss through snooping, screen capture, or mobile snapshots.
- Detect and report the use of stealth apps, virtual machines, and other spyware and malware.
3. Observe leaps in employee productivity and performance
Technologies like productivity tracker can help remote managers keep track of their team’s productivity and ensure transparency in the volume of work. Moreover, productivity tracking apps can also inspire employees to get things done within set timelines.
How RemoteDesk helps you determine employee productivity?
- RemoteDesk’s time tracking software allows you to access the daily and weekly activity reports of each employee.
- The software helps management get accurate estimates of employees’ active and inactive hours, displayed on their activity report dashboard.
Why is digital transformation vital?
The pandemic has made businesses aware of their digital readiness in this competitive market. It is not only a way to gain the customer’s confidence but also meet demands through digital and interactive promotions. All in all, a remote monitoring solution lets you streamline internal and external communication while also ensuring smooth operations.